THE YELLOW COAT

February 27, 2017


Hey guys... How are you all doing today?

This is my first outfit post for the year. And that’s after being away for a very long time. These photos were shot some weeks ago but I’ve been preoccupied with my sister’s wedding preparations. If you follow me on Instagram you must have seen lots of photos from the wedding. Thank God the wedding was successful. Anyways, I made sure that the month of February doesn’t go by without this post. (I couldn’t even wait for my photographer to edit the pictures).

So! Mom jeans are one of the most comfortable forms of jeans to wear and they can be styled in a whole lot of ways. Here, I decided to style mine with this very lovely yellow coat that’s made of African prints. As a fashion designer, I have great love for textiles and I’m particular about Ankara. If I haven’t mentioned it yet, I actually plan to incorporate African prints to whatever outfit I wear in my daily life. It’s one of my 2017 goals. (I’ll do a post on my ‘2017 goals’ really soon). So far, it’s been fun wearing a touch of Ankara every day. Let’s see how far I go with achieving this goal. Plus, I’m eager to see the various ways I’d style African prints in the coming days. It’s indeed fun and I know I can do it.

The yellow coat I wore in this post is really very breezy, and can be worn anytime, any day. Especially in this region where there’s no serious cold. It’s perfect for our Nigerian weather. The coat is not thick at all, so you need not worry. I imagine some of my readers wondering why one would wear a coat in our hot environment. But it’s safe to say this coat is more like a duster jacket. Coats like this one comes really handy when you’re dressed in -take for instance all white, and you need to avoid getting any stain.
You might also want to know that I made the coat myself (MAUDIFFIED). And it’s available in other colours. Which you’ll see soon here. Kindly follow our page to know when more photos are shared.








By now you must have noticed my sneakers. And probably wondering if they came with the embellishments or if I had pimped them myself. Well, YES guys, I transformed my plain white sneakers to this. Just in case you don’t know yet, the classic clean white sneakers are out of trend and what’s in this year are bedazzled, embellished, bejewelled, be-funky, be-not-boring sneakers. LOL. And if I must confess, I’m loving the trend and I hope you do too.
It’s such a shame that I didn’t remember to document the process. I have no step by step photos or video to share with you. But if you would like to see the DIY process, kindly let me know in the comments section below.







So, speaking about trend, what are your thoughts on the embellished sneakers? Are you into mom jeans? How do you feel about wearing a coat in the type of weather we have in Nigeria?
I’ll really love to know what you think, so please, kindly share your thoughts. And puhleeeeeeease, be kind to share this post.

Thanks, and have a pleasant day.
xoxo

Maudleen.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love this look! You look amazing and super stylish. 😍

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete

INSTA FEED